Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TOP 10 QUALITIES THAT ARE IMPORTANT TO ME IN LIFE.


I encountered something this weekend that made my chest swell up with pride and eyes - with tears. At 13 months, as expected, my girl is not talking yet at all, she just started walking, she might be behind of some overachieving toddlers, whose mothers claim that they speak in full sentences and run marathons... and I don't really care. All this other stuff will come, but one thing that makes me already proud, is that my silly girl is KIND. I took her to the playground and since she can't move as fast as her much older peers, she is often left behind, so she started to pick up toys from underneath her stroller and giving them out. She would literally walk to a random kid and give him/her her toy. It broke my heart watching her do that. She sincerely wanted them to have it and maybe play with her too. I know there will come a day when she will scream "Mine!" but for now I love her for her innocent and complete kindness. So, I started thinking about qualities that matter to me in life that I would love for her to have. Here they are:
1. Kindness.
2. Sense of humor.
3. Eagerness to learn.
4. Great work ethic.
5. Humbleness.
6. Respect.
7. Good sense of timing.
8. Appreciation of what you have.
9. Uniqueness.
10. Child like silliness.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree with you more. Great post!

    Karina (IAP)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here, those are great qualities to have.
    HappyMere

    ReplyDelete
  3. My second didn't walk until he was 16 months and didn't talk 'til he was TWO AND A HALF and he is awesome!

    And kindness rocks.

    ReplyDelete