2. I was dragged with them everywhere and they never talked to me like a kid.
3. I was allowed to draw on the walls in my room to make it "my own".
4. I was punished more for lying rather than the incident I was lying about.
5. At the age of 7 they let me take public transportation and navigate my way around the city. I felt like a badass.
6. They encouraged me to be friends with boys.
7. When I was about 9, my mom moved my bed to our balcony on the 8th Floor, so I can "see the stars" in the summer. I fell asleep for about three months listening to the city and watching the sky.
8. I was taught to never, ever, NEVER interrupt an adult conversation.
9. I had very specific set of chores all my life.
10. They let me go (if only physically) when I was ready to leave.
This blog entry is not to be reproduced without permission.