Friday, June 19, 2009

TOP 10 REASONS WHY MY HUSBAND IS OFFICIALLY THE BEST DAD EVER.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY LANE!


1. I strongly believe that in the last year he changed more diapers than I have. He is on a constant mission of keeping her dry. He takes 20 minutes to change one diaper, but does it with such attention to detail that it should be posted on his resume.
2. If she wakes up at night, he comforts her, so I can function at work. When I attempt to help, he kicks me out of the nursery over and over again.
3. He takes her to daycare and picks her up even thou it's a 20 minute walk one way. I know every woman in the neighborhood blushes with envy when he strolls proudly with his little girl. 
4. He shaves just so that he can give her kisses without hurting her.
5. He washes her bottles so meticulously that you would think they were dropped off at the nuclear waste plant instead of daycare.
6. His eyes light up every time he talks about "his girls".
7. He is on her constant snot control, always armed with Kleenexes, q-tips and snot suckers.
8. He takes her to the park and follows her around like a fool. One day I watched them secretly and wondered what I did to deserve someone so awesome.
9. He doesn't spend weekends drinking beer and watching football. He just hangs out with us ready to help at any given moment.
10. With everything he does, he humbly would deny every compliment about his parenting skills and secretly thinks that he sucks as a dad.

10 comments:

  1. you are all so lucky to have one another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have such a wonderful man in your life...and he is lucky that you notice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish that I could say those things. My husband spends every weekend drinking beer and watching football. He will change my son, but passes it off to me as often as he can. He does take him to daycare though, but because it is 5 minutes from his work and 25 from mine. He is by no means a bad father, I just feel alone much of the time. Good to see you appreciate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you want my husband to come over and straighten yours out over some beers and a football game? I know how lucky I am and I am scared that one day he will realize just how awesome he is and will leave me for a 21 year old with spectacular boobs.:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the sweet compliments sweetie, but I'm not that great. You make me sound like a saint....which I'm not. I'm secretly in the fantasy baseball league (ha!) that you know nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  6. okay - those last two comments were possibly the sweetest things I've seen in a long, long time. Y'all are adorable!

    (And, I've got one of those hubbies, too...who, coincidenally is also in a Fantasy Baseball League - not secretly. Connection to perfect fatherhood? Hmmmm...)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really awesome father and partner. It's great that you notice and appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm happy to hear you have a great husband and a fantastic Dad for your daughter.
    I can say the same! He works all day but in the morning play with him and as soon his home from work he takes care of him (changing him , feeding him the solid and playing). I put him to bed and breastfeed him and play with them.
    He also is the bath giver.
    I'm glad I don't live in the fiftees as it would of been different probably.
    THe best thing is he thinks our son is the best thing in the world.
    I aggree. Happy Father's day!
    Happymere

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderfully sweet post! Sounds like you and your daughter are both very blessed!

    ReplyDelete