Monday, June 1, 2009

TOP 10 WAYS NOT TO SUCK AT YOUR JOB WHEN YOU GROW UP (from what I hear:))



1. Pick a hobby. Get passionate about it. Figure out how to make money with it.
2. Intern. It will give you experience and feel of the company.
3. NEVER complain about your work load. Nobody cares. People just want their shit done.
4. Be nice to all the assistants, mail room staff, IT guys and receptionists. They know everything and will help you if needed. Buy them lunch..and often.:)
5. Don't sleep with your co-workers...unless you are directing Johnny Depp movie.
6. Don't discuss your personal life. The less people know about you, the more intimidating you are appear to be.
7. Don't kiss your boss's ass. It's uncomfortable for both of you. Just do you job ridiculously well.
8. Ask for a raise...if you deserve it. Always have plan B just in case.
9. Educate yourself constantly in your field. Attend seminars, classes and read as much as you can.
10. Contacts. Use them and return every phone call you receive.
10 1/2. If all fails... go on reality show, make tons of money and retire.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so lazy at my job now. it's too comfortable and not challenging. I do it as fast I can so I have time to blog. I'm horrible at #3 and #6. I'm working on #6.

    ReplyDelete