Wednesday, May 13, 2009

TOP 10 REASONS MY CHILDHOOD WAS A SIMPLE ONE.




1. School shootings were unheard of.
2. The highest I got was...holding my breath on a dare.
3. Soviet TV had no commercials, therefore I didn't REALLY want anything.
4. Boys carried my books instead of trying to have sex with me at 13.
5. No myspace, twitter or online preditors.
6. Boys wrestled with each other, instead of pulling guns or knifes out.
7. Toy stores were empty but my imagination had no limits.
8. No Britney Spears or Hannah Montanas.
9. We all wore school uniforms and didn't know what "designer" meant.
10. We wrote love notes, instead of being "poked" on facebook.

3 comments:

  1. yep - we're totally screwed huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, sounds so sweet. i guess every generation thinks the next one is going a lil too far huh?
    K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss my generation...I'm sad for this new generation especially for girls where body and self image is completely #1 on girls list..sad sad sad...where is the simplicity, the natural...yes they have tons of informations and they will know more but with that the child innocense seems to be taken away.

    Happymere

    ReplyDelete